Bigger is better when it comes to poker tournaments. Due to demand from players, Emerald Resort & Casino has ‘upgraded’ and rehashed the traditional Sunday afternoon poker tournament which has been improved, made more exciting and is bigger.
In terms of rules, regulations and the general running of the weekly event, it will now be consistent with the annual World Series of Poker (WSOP) Africa series that is held at Emerald Resort & Casino every February.
• Buy in of R300.00 and an entry fee of R30.00
• Each player will be allowed to re-enter once
• Tournament will start at 14h00 and re-entries will close at 15h00
• Re-entry will cost the same as above (R300 & R30)
• 100% of the buy in will be in the prize pool and will payout up to 9th place. (Depending on entries)
• Starting stack at 10,000 and the blind levels will increase every 15 minutes. (6 hour tournament)
• Once all 40 seats are sold, only alternate seats will be sold for re-entries.
• The tournament will run completely in accordance with WSOP rules and regulations.
On the last Sunday of every month, the buy in will be increased to R400.00 with a tournament fee of R40.00. Additional prizes will be allocated for the first three places.
• 1st place: Prize money and a weekend stay at a one-bedroom lodge
• 2nd place: Prize money and a weekend stay at a double hotel room
• rd place: Prize money and a weekend stay at a one-bedroom chalet
At the end of the re-entry period, the gaming staff will confirm the amount of entrants at the tournament and will display the prizes up to 9th place on the poker clock.
“Our Sunday Poker has certainly gathered a loyal following over the last 3 years,” says Sharon de Leur, Marketing Executive at Emerald Resort & Casino. “Aligning our popular Sunday Poker with the WSOP Africa tournament rules & regulations provides the opportunity of experiencing International standards and the format of the biggest International poker tournament in the world at an affordable price.”
The small scale weekly Sunday tournaments will give players who are not confident enough to enter WSOP Africa the opportunity to experience exactly what the tournament format entails before the next WSOP Africa tournament.
Winners know when to stop. No under 18s permitted to gamble. National Responsible Gaming Programme. Problem gambling counselling line 0800 006 008.